RE: [midatlanticretro] Altair 8800b received

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 8, 2005
      Altair 8800b received
      Woohoo!  Sounds awesome, Rich.  You have until next spring to get it ready for VCF East 3.0.    :)

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2005
        Altair 8800b received

[...]

        /************************************************************/

      • billdeg
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2005
          Rich,
          I have some pictures of my B that may help in the restoration of yours.
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/altair8800b/
          It's fully functional, 48K. It's not perfect though, I have to replace
          the burned out fan motor. I have not tested the matching 8" disk drive
          either, other than a power test.
          Bill
        • Richard A. Cini
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 9, 2005
            Bill:

            Thanks for the pics. Yours is in nice shape inside. You have all
            of the card guides. The cables are clean.

            I'm going to have to do some serious work. I will probably have
            to completely disassemble the unit and clean it thoroughly.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2005
              Bill:

              On an unrelated topic, what's a good, free IRC program to use
              for the MARCH chat sessions?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 24, 2005
                I recommend mIRC.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 26, 2005