Know of any events related to our hobby this year?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008
      Hi all...I am putting together an event calendar for 2008. If you know of
      any interesting events this year from CT to VA, let me know. This does not
      mean that we can sponsor or attend them all, but it does not hurt to
      ask/suggest.

      So far for sure, MARCH will be involved in some capacity at the following:
      April 26/27 - Trenton Computer Festival
      July 18-20 HOPE convention (pick date(s))

      We are still setting the date for a "big event" and others.

      -Bill Degnan
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2008

        Here's one that kinda closeby
        Too Many Games,
        Wyomissing, PA, (close to Reading/Harrisburg)
        May 4th
        http://www.toomanygames.com/

        These others are alittle to far , as it's in my neighborhood, .
        But I though I'd mention these for anyone that's interested.
        These are really good shows.

        MidWest Gaming Classic
        Oconomowoc,WI
        Mar.29-30
        http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

        Classic Computing and Gaming show,
        Fairview Park, OH,
        May 24th
        http://www.ccagshow.com/

        Cincinnati Commodore Expo
        http://www.c4expo.org/
        not sure when

        Chicago Commodore Expo
        annually in Sep
        http://www.swrap.org/

        =Dan
        [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

        B. Degnan wrote:
        Hi all...I am putting together an event calendar for 2008.  If you know of
        any interesting events this year from CT to VA, let me know.  This does not
        mean that we can sponsor or attend them all, but it does not hurt to
        ask/suggest.

        So far for sure, MARCH will be involved in some capacity at the following:
        April 26/27 - Trenton Computer Festival
        July 18-20 HOPE convention (pick date(s))

        We are still setting the date for a "big event" and others.

        -Bill Degnan

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
          I think $100 is to much, I found both of mine on the
          street, but if you are interested

          http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/sys/549155836.html

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
            Hi, are you new to MARCH? I don't recognize your name / email ...
            Introduction please...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
              Opps Sorry

              Hi..

              Christian Liendo

              I live in NYC

              I went to the VCF East in 2006

              I like old computers, My 1st was a Timex Sinclair
              1000, I think that was back in 1981.

              I have the following

              Two IBM 5150s
              Commodore PET 8032 (in original box untouched)
              KayPro II
              Apple II Plus
              Apple Pippin
              Timex Sinclair 1000

              I have many old various magazines.

              Er... Other than that, not much.

              I saw that you guys were interested in old computers
              and I was like, cool..

              --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              > Hi, are you new to MARCH? I don't recognize your
              > name / email ...
              > Introduction please...

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
                Hey Chris. I have never seen a PET 8032 in the original box
                before. Where did you get it? We as a group plan to go to the HOPE
                convention at the Hotel Pennsylvania in July. Maybe you could help with
                our exhibit (once we decide what it will be)
                Bill

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 23, 2008
                  Dan,

                  Interesting list. These events seem rather commercial compared to VCF. Since we don't really compete with these events, maybe there's an opportunity to advertise at these shows.

                  Jim