Commodore 1701 monitor on craigslist

  • billdeg@degnanco.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
      http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/523012786.html

      this is the "good one" if you collect Commodore stuff.

      Bill
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
        billdeg@... wrote:
        > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/523012786.html
        >
        > this is the "good one" if you collect Commodore stuff.

        But that ad says it was manufactured by JVC and has a tuner.. Where
        would it say manufactured by JVC? I just looked at the back of mine and
        I can only see the Commodore logo. Also, I do not see a coax connector
        on the back, which would be required for a tuner.

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Mason Taube
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
          i thought all 1701s were manufactured by jvc with hitachi  picture tubes. i don't believe the 1701 ever had a tuner built in.  it takes a composite input only, you could buy an external  tv tuner or use a vcr (as most people did at one time or another).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
            Mason Taube wrote:
            > i thought all 1701s were manufactured by jvc with hitachi picture
            > tubes. i don't believe the 1701 ever had a tuner built in. it takes a
            > composite input only, you could buy an external tv tuner or use a vcr
            > (as most people did at one time or another).

            Maybe on the front only, but on the back it has luma and chroma inputs
            just like on a 1702.

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
              At 12:27 PM 1/22/2008 -0500, you wrote:
              >billdeg@... wrote:
              > > http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/sys/523012786.html
              > >
              > > this is the "good one" if you collect Commodore stuff.
              > >
              >But that ad says it was manufactured by JVC and has a tuner.. Where
              >would it say manufactured by JVC? I just looked at the back of mine and
              >I can only see the Commodore logo. Also, I do not see a coax connector
              >on the back, which would be required for a tuner.

              all good questions.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 22, 2008
                At 09:48 AM 1/22/2008 -0800, you wrote:
                >i thought all 1701s were manufactured by jvc with hitachi picture tubes.
                >i don't believe the 1701 ever had a tuner built in. it takes a composite
                >input only, you could buy an external tv tuner or use a vcr (as most
                >people did at one time or another).
                mine has no tuner. the seller may be mistaken.