RE: [midatlanticretro] Overland Data 9-track tape drives [was Speaking of projects....]

  • Ian King
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008

      Thanks again!  I have the 3601, which is supposed to do 6250 bpi - that must be the meaning of the '2' and '6'.  It's a bit longer but as wide as a large pizza, and stands upright.  So '10' vs '01' might be the form factor.

      There's a 3210 on eBay right now that I'm thinking about, but I don't know if the 3601 I have is just junk or has any value.  One thing: another guy with whom I exchanged email on these machines a while back said that, like my 3601, his OD 3x01 had a broken hinge.  Maybe that's all the value I'm going to get from the one I have.  :-)

      Thanks again for your kind help -- Ian