RE: [midatlanticretro] Speaking of projects....

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008
      OK, Alert flashing, all others green but the 6250 is a VBT (very bad thing).

      By all others I green mean:
      Load
      Unload
      Online
      Wrten
      1600

      are all green solid.
      It means Program ROM Failure.

      That is if it uses the same error table as the enclosed 3210.

      Kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008

        <sigh>

        Oh well, this is only the second time I've purchased a worthless piece of junk on eBay.  :-)  Last time, I was able to 'revive' the item by finding a 'parts beast' - maybe I can do the same here.  I seem to remember I didn't pay much - at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself....

        Thanks, Kelly.  I really appreciate your help. -- Ian

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008

          BTW, while we're on the subject: what's the stated difference between the 3210 and 3610?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 6, 2008
            >> It means Program ROM Failure.

            > the second time I've purchased a worthless piece of junk on eBay.

            Don't give up yet. Open the thing up and check that the chips are seated
            properly. I scrapped a tape drive that looked great but had been dropped.
            All the mechanics Were OK, but it flashed. After too much had been
            dismantled, I diccovered the ROM flew out of it's socket. Dummmm.

            John A.