Re: TRS-80 madness

  • Mike Hatch
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2008
      Looks like a bidding war for that graphics board between two people
      then "cpmuseum" pipped them both at the end, beyond my funds.

      "cpmuseum" has been laying out some serious cash in the last month for
      older computer kit, see some of the recent auctions at
      http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cpmuseum/

      Mike.
      www.soemtron.org
      www.brickfieldspark.org

      > In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:
      >
      > Ebay #280187570207
      >
      > A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I
      paid
      > for my IBM 129 keypunch...
      >

      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

    • Ian King
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2008
        Ah, the 129!  I learned my first programming language - Fortran - on one of those.  -- Ian

        In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:

        Ebay #280187570207

        A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I paid
        for my IBM 129 keypunch...

        Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
        Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
          And I thought it might go for less than $200. Man am I out of my league here.

          Kelly

          In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:

          Ebay #280187570207

          A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I paid
          for my IBM 129 keypunch...

          Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
          Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
            On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Ian King wrote:

            > Ah, the 129! I learned my first programming language - Fortran - on one of
            > those. -- Ian

            Same here, except I started on the 029. Later on, I went backwards,
            and used an 026 in the Air Force.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Ian King
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
              I, too, went backwards, but to the 029, on which I learned BASIC.  :-)