TRS-80 madness

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2008
      In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:

      Ebay #280187570207

      A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I paid
      for my IBM 129 keypunch...

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Mike Hatch
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2008
        Looks like a bidding war for that graphics board between two people
        then "cpmuseum" pipped them both at the end, beyond my funds.

        "cpmuseum" has been laying out some serious cash in the last month for
        older computer kit, see some of the recent auctions at
        http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/cpmuseum/

        Mike.
        www.soemtron.org
        www.brickfieldspark.org

        > In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:
        >
        > Ebay #280187570207
        >
        > A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I
        paid
        > for my IBM 129 keypunch...
        >

        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      • Ian King
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 5, 2008
          Ah, the 129!  I learned my first programming language - Fortran - on one of those.  -- Ian

          In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:

          Ebay #280187570207

          A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I paid
          for my IBM 129 keypunch...

          Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
          Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
            And I thought it might go for less than $200. Man am I out of my league here.

            Kelly

            In case you TRS-80 fans missed it, take a look at this:

            Ebay #280187570207

            A Model II graphics board sold for $787.50! That's more than I paid
            for my IBM 129 keypunch...

            Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
            Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
              On Sat, 5 Jan 2008, Ian King wrote:

              > Ah, the 129! I learned my first programming language - Fortran - on one of
              > those. -- Ian

              Same here, except I started on the 029. Later on, I went backwards,
              and used an 026 in the Air Force.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Ian King
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2008
                I, too, went backwards, but to the 029, on which I learned BASIC.  :-)