RE: [midatlanticretro] This Sat: Moving of the IBM Series 1 mini Party. Anyone have a terminal?

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
      Message
      It's quite possible there will be some women participating in our topless* event.

      * Technically we're not going to be "topless" unless someone actually removes the top from their car, which would be a pretty stupid thing to do, vs. merely putting it down.
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 29, 2007
        --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

        > Dan Roganti wrote:
        > >

        > > topless girls ???
        > >
        > WHERE?! Bill did not say anything about that.... !! Hmm.. This is
        > going to be quite a fun day tomorrow!!
        >
        > > oh .. sorry, reading too fast again
        >
        > reading what too fast??
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Bryan
        > > :)

        Well, I'll try to get to Deleware tonight myself, I have some stuff to
        do during the day today. Bill, I have your prior directions.

        By the way...I'm trying real hard to get my wife to visit with us for
        stuff like this. Her vintage computing experiences are not trivial; we
        are both "vintage" in any case. But about half the time, she says "am
        I going to be the only woman there?" And about ALL the time, I say
        "yes" - notwithstanding some of our volunteers and members I've met.

        You know, I don't take too seriously, some of the chat that goes back
        and forth in this mail list. Even though Yahoo will preserve it for
        the next fifty years for all the world to see. But you boys really
        ought to be a *little bit* more thoughtful about some stuff that gets
        posted here. There *may be a reason* why my wife might be the only
        woman at this gathering.

        Herb Johnson
        retrotechnology.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 29, 2007

          >You know, I don't take too seriously, some of the chat that goes back
          >and forth in this mail list. Even though Yahoo will preserve it for
          >the next fifty years for all the world to see. But you boys really
          >ought to be a *little bit* more thoughtful about some stuff that gets
          >posted here. There *may be a reason* why my wife might be the only
          >woman at this gathering.

          that could be one reason, but...

          We're up against demographics even more so. In the class I taught this
          fall, there were 16 males, one female.

          It is worth it to have diversity however. Let's not needlessly offend
          people who may someday read these messages, I agree.