Re: [midatlanticretro] This Sat: Moving of the IBM Series 1 mini Party. Anyone have a terminal?

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
      ...Evan

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
        Yeah ... with the top up and the heat on!

        Actually, on Jan. 1, our club has its annual "Polar Bear" event, where
        barring precipitation, we all bundle up and drive around topless* like the
        complete idiots that we are.

        * the cars, not the drivers

        But I probably won't be there tomorrow ... gotta do some research in the
        (gasp!) old-fashioned library using a (wow!) hardcover book (they still have
        those?)

        Also I think it is pretty good weather for driving a convertible... ;)
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007

          topless girls ???

          oh .. sorry, reading too fast again
          :)

          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          Yeah ... with the top up and the heat on!

          Actually, on Jan. 1, our club has its annual "Polar Bear" event, where
          barring precipitation, we all bundle up and drive around topless* like the
          complete idiots that we are.

          * the cars, not the drivers

          But I probably won't be there tomorrow ... gotta do some research in the
          (gasp!) old-fashioned library using a (wow!) hardcover book (they still have
          those?)

          Also I think it is pretty good weather for driving a convertible...  ;)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
            Dan Roganti wrote:

            > topless girls ???

            WHERE?! Bill did not say anything about that.... !! Hmm.. This is
            going to be quite a fun day tomorrow!!

            > oh .. sorry, reading too fast again

            reading what too fast??

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 28, 2007
              Message
              It's quite possible there will be some women participating in our topless* event.

              * Technically we're not going to be "topless" unless someone actually removes the top from their car, which would be a pretty stupid thing to do, vs. merely putting it down.

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 29, 2007
                --- Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

                > Dan Roganti wrote:
                > >

                > > topless girls ???
                > >
                > WHERE?! Bill did not say anything about that.... !! Hmm.. This is
                > going to be quite a fun day tomorrow!!
                >
                > > oh .. sorry, reading too fast again
                >
                > reading what too fast??
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Bryan
                > > :)

                Well, I'll try to get to Deleware tonight myself, I have some stuff to
                do during the day today. Bill, I have your prior directions.

                By the way...I'm trying real hard to get my wife to visit with us for
                stuff like this. Her vintage computing experiences are not trivial; we
                are both "vintage" in any case. But about half the time, she says "am
                I going to be the only woman there?" And about ALL the time, I say
                "yes" - notwithstanding some of our volunteers and members I've met.

                You know, I don't take too seriously, some of the chat that goes back
                and forth in this mail list. Even though Yahoo will preserve it for
                the next fifty years for all the world to see. But you boys really
                ought to be a *little bit* more thoughtful about some stuff that gets
                posted here. There *may be a reason* why my wife might be the only
                woman at this gathering.

                Herb Johnson
                retrotechnology.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 29, 2007

                  >You know, I don't take too seriously, some of the chat that goes back
                  >and forth in this mail list. Even though Yahoo will preserve it for
                  >the next fifty years for all the world to see. But you boys really
                  >ought to be a *little bit* more thoughtful about some stuff that gets
                  >posted here. There *may be a reason* why my wife might be the only
                  >woman at this gathering.

                  that could be one reason, but...

                  We're up against demographics even more so. In the class I taught this
                  fall, there were 16 males, one female.

                  It is worth it to have diversity however. Let's not needlessly offend
                  people who may someday read these messages, I agree.