Holiday Party - No Takers...?

  • billdeg@degnanco.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
      I have received a luke-warm response to the 29th, and no proposed
      alternative dates. Is the consensus that there is not enough interest?
      Too far of a trip? If I can get a total of 10 attendees confirmed by
      12/22 I will have the party on the 29th, otherwise it'll be indefinitely
      postponed.

      Bill
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
        billdeg@... wrote:
        > I have received a luke-warm response to the 29th, and no proposed
        > alternative dates. Is the consensus that there is not enough interest?
        > Too far of a trip? If I can get a total of 10 attendees confirmed by
        > 12/22 I will have the party on the 29th, otherwise it'll be indefinitely
        > postponed.

        Bill,

        Well, I think you know *I* want the holiday party to happen! Plus
        the actual date is not to big a deal for me.. Maybe Jan 6 would be
        better for everybody? Or is that to far outside of the holiday lines?
        Maybe by then Sridhar will be back from the spa and fully healed from
        the attack of the herd of rabid scorpions and Evan will be back from
        .. what ever that he was doing.. :)

        Cheers,

        Bryan "Vintage-Computer-Party-Dude" Pope
      • billdeg@degnanco.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
          I hear crickets

          > billdeg@... wrote:
          >> I have received a luke-warm response to the 29th, and no proposed
          >> alternative dates. Is the consensus that there is not enough interest?
          >> Too far of a trip? If I can get a total of 10 attendees confirmed by
          >> 12/22 I will have the party on the 29th, otherwise it'll be indefinitely
          >> postponed.
          >>
          > Bill,
          >
          > Well, I think you know *I* want the holiday party to happen! Plus
          > the actual date is not to big a deal for me.. Maybe Jan 6 would be
          > better for everybody? Or is that to far outside of the holiday lines?
          > Maybe by then Sridhar will be back from the spa and fully healed from
          > the attack of the herd of rabid scorpions and Evan will be back from
          > .. what ever that he was doing.. :)
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Bryan "Vintage-Computer-Party-Dude" Pope
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
            Let me check with Ann, but the 29th sounds good to me.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
              I need to be home on the 29th by about 4:00 ... and I live around two
              hours from Bill's house ... so if we start around noon then I can make a
              cameo.

            • billdeg@degnanco.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
                that's an option - any thoughts regarding a day party vs. night?
                bd

                > I need to be home on the 29th by about 4:00 ... and I live around two
                > hours from Bill's house ... so if we start around noon then I can make a
                > cameo.
                >

                >> I have received a luke-warm response to the 29th, and no proposed
                >> alternative dates. Is the consensus that there is not enough interest?
                >> Too far of a trip? If I can get a total of 10 attendees confirmed by
                >> 12/22 I will have the party on the 29th, otherwise it'll be indefinitely
                >> postponed.
                >>
                >> Bill
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Bryan Pope
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 21, 2007
                  billdeg@... wrote:
                  > that's an option - any thoughts regarding a day party vs. night?

                  I am game, but then you probably already knew that... ! Start early and
                  then the party people will finish late...

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan