Re: [midatlanticretro] Computer programmers

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 8, 2007
      billdeg@... wrote:
      > Here's some of my stuff:
      >
      > www.spacevipers.com
      >
      > I have not updated the page for a while, but it'd give you an idea of my
      > musical directions/influences.

      The Space Vipers theme music reminds me of "The Adventures of Buckaroo
      Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" :)

      Cheers,

      Bryan
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 8, 2007

        that's some cool stuff,  Bill
        We used to jam in the late 70's, early 80's
        I grew up playing a Hammond B-3 organ and moved on to synthesizers.
        I had an ARP Oydessy synth, Roland SH-5 synth and a Korg CX-3 organ.
        And the usual effects, DeltaLab Effectron, Echoplex, among other things.
        I wish I still had that stuff - gave it up for a career--uugghh
        My buddy on guitar had the Roland Guitar Synth.
        We played jazz, rock, electronic music - ala  Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk
        I have a couple of old recordings converted to mp3 that we did on a Teac 4-trak from our band, Acidamage.
        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/music/acidamage/

        =Dan

        billdeg@... wrote:
        Here's some of my stuff:

        www.spacevipers.com

        I have not updated the page for a while, but it'd give you an idea of my
        musical directions/influences.

        bd

        Since a good number of the group happen to be musicians...  I thought
        you might be interested to hear that once upon a time I recall
        reading an item that way back when IBM was first venturing into the
        computer business, and looking for programmers to hire, they
        discovered that -as a group- musicians tended to become the best and
        most productive programmers they had.

        Interesting, eh?

        73 de Ray

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 8, 2007
          Dan Roganti wrote:

          > that's some cool stuff, Bill
          > We used to jam in the late 70's, early 80's
          > I grew up playing a Hammond B-3 organ and moved on to synthesizers.
          > I had an ARP Oydessy synth, Roland SH-5 synth and a Korg CX-3 organ.
          > And the usual effects, DeltaLab Effectron, Echoplex, among other things.
          > I wish I still had that stuff - gave it up for a career--uugghh
          > My buddy on guitar had the Roland Guitar Synth.
          > We played jazz, rock, electronic music - ala Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk
          > I have a couple of old recordings converted to mp3 that we did on a
          > Teac 4-trak from our band, Acidamage.
          > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/music/acidamage/

          Dan,

          Thank-you for sharing your music! :D I love synthy music...

          Cheers,

          Bryan
        • relayer
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2007
            That doesn't necessarily work the other way around.

            I'm a programmer, and I have a piano keyboard and guitar that I've
            been trying to learn for years but I can't seem to grasp the concept.