Re: [midatlanticretro] paging John Allain...

  • Ryan Harvey
    Message 1 of 51 , Dec 5, 2007
      I may only be 15, but I have extensive knowledge of the 6300. I have been using one since age 2. I also have an AT&T 6300 service manual. I have a similar problem with AT&T 6300 #2. It worked fine for 20 years, then I decided to give it the spotlight on my desk, as my main PC. A few weeks later, the HD started parking while the computer was on, but usually only does when powering down. Then if I tapped on my desk, it would reset. Then the PS totally stopped except for giving power to the fan. I haven't gotten around to checking the PS either. I reseated chips though. Anyhow, if you want, I will scan the sections of the book about the power supply.

      --Ryan

      Message 51 of 51 , Dec 7, 2007
        Evan,

        This is the DOS version of MS Works, which would be on topic. The 6300 is a DOS machine.

        Jim