Re: [midatlanticretro] Something else to preserve: stories from early computer companies

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
      Ok, I know this is a bit pie-in-the-sky, but...

      Once we have all these beautiful exhibits set up at ~whatever it's called~
      and we can induce some historic people to visit the museam, we should record
      their comments on the exhibits - capture the stories that they can tell right
      there on the spot - while they're looking at the exhibit. Such audio would
      become a unique addition to the library (oh yes, we need a research library)
      and to the exhibits. There are not a lot of Apollo computers lying around -
      or pieces of ENIAC. We need an astronaut to talk about the Apollo computer.
      There must be someon from the ENIAC project still around or someone who saw
      it actually working. On the early microcomputer stuff, it would be nice to
      point out any NJ tie-ins.

      This museum has some real potiential.