member collections

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      Assembling a collection of lists of everyone's collections is a greeat idea.
      It would be nice if it were in an easier to use format than the Yahoo Group
      "database" and spreadsheet files sound good to me. Next it would be even
      better if these spreadsheets were in a common format (at least the first
      10-15 columns) so that they could be combined easily or imported into a real
      database should that ever be useful. [hold off on the rwars on what's a real
      database :-) ] A common format would make it easier to find appropriate
      items, etc., etc., when we work on building exhibits. We need some discipline
      when doing this; more work now will yield benefits later. For instance, "DEC"
      and "Digital" may mean the same thing but they don't collate in a sort.

      Jim