Re: [midatlanticretro] 1995 Byte: Top 20 Small Systems

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007

      I didn't remember seeing that list before.
      I'm glad to see the Amiga 1000 made it on the list.
      It's a great machine.

      =Dan

      B. Degnan wrote:
      http://www.byte.com/art/9509/sec7/art4.htm
      September 1995  / 20th Anniversary  / Top 20 Small Systems

      Does this list still hold?  You could swap this for that but for the most
      part the consensus has been about the same since 1995, eh?  This article
      could have been written in 2005.   Not that I agree with it entirely
      myself, but you can't deny the importance of the selected systems.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007
        Dan Roganti wrote:

        > I didn't remember seeing that list before.
        > I'm glad to see the Amiga 1000 made it on the list.
        > It's a great machine.

        I heartily agree.. At the time I wanted an Amiga 1000 because of the
        detached keyboard, but instead bought an Amiga 500 with 1084S monitor..

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2007
          B. Degnan wrote:
          > http://www.byte.com/art/9509/sec7/art4.htm
          > September 1995 / 20th Anniversary / Top 20 Small Systems
          >
          > Does this list still hold? You could swap this for that but for the most
          > part the consensus has been about the same since 1995, eh? This article
          > could have been written in 2005. Not that I agree with it entirely
          > myself, but you can't deny the importance of the selected systems.

          This list is great! Much better then *most* of ComputerWorld's best
          of.. No iPods, iPhones, iCrap etc.. ;)

          Cheers,

          Bryan