Re:an interesting story and current status

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 11:13 PM
      Chris,
      I think I mentioned to you that I have about 18 80188 processor cards if
      you'd like a couple to play with. they were used for ham radio analog to digital
      conversion I reckon. I don't know if I'd be much use with the Modula 2
      project you've just described, but I would help testing if it came to that.

      I keep plugging along with my random projects. For the past two nights I
      have been testing 5 14" external drives for trs 80 model 1's, III's or ??'s, I
      have a lot that are of unknown operating condition. I have been cleaning,
      etc...So far I have recovered 4 that will work on a TRS 80 model 1. My ultimate
      goal is to find a drive that works on my Lobo Max 80, at least to boot it past
      the initial "static" screen described by the manual as it searches for an OS.
      I also have a Lobo twin 8" drive and a Lobo Harddrive (don't seem to work
      as-is)...The Lobo Max 80 is a TRS 80 Model I super clone, capable of 5Mhz. It's
      kind of like a Model I with a built-in expansion interface with a suped-up
      processor. Only about 2000 were ever made ~1982. And it has a wolf on the
      keyboard. I put up a picture on
      http://vintagecomputer.net/tandy/trs80_1/lobo/...the pic is yellower than the actual computer.

      bd

      In a message dated 6/7/2005 12:33:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      chrism3667@... writes:

      > I don't know, I just found that story very very cool when it was
      > told. I imagine it would be also to anyone who's interested in pushing
      > bits along a wire. I need to go over this dude's house one of these
      > days, and I'd like to ask if he still has the software. Anyone
      > interested in setting up a Modula-2 based chat server? Alright don't
      > answer that!
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6 11:32 PM
        yeah man, I'd like to even take another ride down
        possibly - not back to Virginia though (AHHHHHHHHHH!).
        I'm interested in those cards for sure - they sound
        totally freaky! :)
        And guys...wish me luck...an item I've been looking
        for for a long long time is on Ebay and ends tomorrow.
        I'm going to have to pay through the nose, cuz I know
        the punk who's already put in a bid. This loon eats,
        sleeps, *****, and whatever else old pc's. I hate him.
        I take every oppurtunity to send him harassing
        e-mails. I couldn't even ever get a response out of
        him, until the day I discovered he was pulling a
        little hanky-panky. Turns out he had a 2nd ebay id and
        I threatened to turn him in LOL. Sure enough, I get
        this response back - like all IN CAPS (like the loon
        that he is) saying it's not "him", but someone he's
        helping to get started out. Sure. And all the same
        crap winds up in both their auctions. Well, I didn't
        turn him, never intended to, just like having fun
        w/peeps now and again. But I know he's going to make
        me PAY for this thing!
        I'm not even going to tell anyone what the auction is
        for LOL...until it's over that is (not that I expect
        anyone is going to lose any sleep over it though).

        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html