Spare Components, Newer Macs & Autobooting.

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      (was: Spare components... Will.D)
      > It seems like we are overengineering the hell out of this.

      > What is wrong with just doing this old-school? If you have something
      > you do not need, post a message. If you need something you do not
      > have, post a message. Things work out n the end.

      On this note,
      I'll say that I can probably spare an iMac for anyone looking, and

      I could use some advice if anyone knows how to instruct a PowerMacG4
      to boot cleanly. I have one that will not do so automatically but starts
      fine after entering a simple OpenBIOS command.
      It would seem trivial to say something like "set default boot {this}, save,
      reboot" but I do not know the magic incantation.

      I do have a lot of spare hardware for people lookig for things, so don't be
      afraid to post.

      Best wishes in the Christmas season,
      John A.