Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Spare components

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
      > We already have the "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" table in our Yahoo Groups
      > database. I can't help it if nobody uses it.

      It seems like we are overengineering the hell out of this.

      What is wrong with just doing this old-school? If you have something
      you do not need, post a message. If you need something you do not
      have, post a message. Things work out n the end.

      --
      Will
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
        William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote :

        > > We already have the "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" table in our Yahoo Groups
        > > database. I can't help it if nobody uses it.
        >
        > It seems like we are overengineering the hell out of this.
        >
        > What is wrong with just doing this old-school? If you have something
        > you do not need, post a message. If you need something you do not
        > have, post a message. Things work out n the end.

        I agree. My collection of thousands of components isn't worth cataloging and
        putting prices on. Besides, someone will eventually say "you're asking 25 cents
        for this part but I can but it at XXX for 24 cents."

        However, if someone posts a note like "I need a XXXXX, does anyone have one?"
        I can usually find it in my collection. I've also had cases where someone said
        what they were looking for, and myself and others were able to suggest more
        suitable alternatives. This couldn't have happened if the person simply looked
        for the exact part on a website.

        Just post what you want and hopefully someone can provide it.

        Bob

        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net