RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Spare components

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
      We already have the "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" table in our Yahoo Groups
      database. I can't help it if nobody uses it.

      Well, that's not entirely true ... I (still!) need to update the monthly
      group FAQ, and I should mention the database there for new members to know
      about it...

      By the way, ignore the "what have we got" table for now; it too is horribly
      obsolete and un-updated.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2007
        > We already have the "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" table in our Yahoo Groups
        > database. I can't help it if nobody uses it.

        It seems like we are overengineering the hell out of this.

        What is wrong with just doing this old-school? If you have something
        you do not need, post a message. If you need something you do not
        have, post a message. Things work out n the end.

        --
        Will
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2007
          William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote :

          > > We already have the "MARCH Virtual Swap Meet" table in our Yahoo Groups
          > > database. I can't help it if nobody uses it.
          >
          > It seems like we are overengineering the hell out of this.
          >
          > What is wrong with just doing this old-school? If you have something
          > you do not need, post a message. If you need something you do not
          > have, post a message. Things work out n the end.

          I agree. My collection of thousands of components isn't worth cataloging and
          putting prices on. Besides, someone will eventually say "you're asking 25 cents
          for this part but I can but it at XXX for 24 cents."

          However, if someone posts a note like "I need a XXXXX, does anyone have one?"
          I can usually find it in my collection. I've also had cases where someone said
          what they were looking for, and myself and others were able to suggest more
          suitable alternatives. This couldn't have happened if the person simply looked
          for the exact part on a website.

          Just post what you want and hopefully someone can provide it.

          Bob

          NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net