[Fwd: free things for cctech readers, pick up preferred]

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
      Hey! This is CLOSE to my house. Two towns away.

      Subject: free things for cctech readers, pick up preferred
      From: "Jeff Jonas" <jeffj@...>
      Date: Thu, November 29, 2007 4:17 am
      To: cctech@...

      I'm unsure how many readers are local to
      Elizabeth (central) NJ but I'm being forced to
      "downsize" my holdings
      so I'm offering things for free if picked up:
      - hundreds of new and slightly used floppy disks, both 3.5" and 5.25"
      - floppy drives: 3.5" and 5.25"
      - salvaged PC power supplies: about 9 PC-AT and 2: PC-ATX
      - EISA motherboards and cards (SCSI, network)
      - token ring cards, hub
      - crates of CD plastic "jewel cases"

      If you /absolutely positively/ require something
      and cannot pick it up, we'll see about shipping.

      -- Jeff Jonas jeffj-at-panix-dot-com
    • billdeg@degnanco.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
        I asked about the token ring cards, to see if they're ISA's.
        \BD

        > Hey! This is CLOSE to my house. Two towns away.

        > Subject: free things for cctech readers, pick up preferred
        > From: "Jeff Jonas" <jeffj@...>
        > Date: Thu, November 29, 2007 4:17 am
        > To: cctech@...
        >
        > I'm unsure how many readers are local to
        > Elizabeth (central) NJ but I'm being forced to
        > "downsize" my holdings
        > so I'm offering things for free if picked up:
        > - hundreds of new and slightly used floppy disks, both 3.5" and 5.25"
        > - floppy drives: 3.5" and 5.25"
        > - salvaged PC power supplies: about 9 PC-AT and 2: PC-ATX
        > - EISA motherboards and cards (SCSI, network)
        > - token ring cards, hub
        > - crates of CD plastic "jewel cases"
        >
        > If you /absolutely positively/ require something
        > and cannot pick it up, we'll see about shipping.
        >
        > -- Jeff Jonas jeffj-at-panix-dot-com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
          > Hey! This is CLOSE to my house. Two towns away.

          > - floppy drives: 3.5" and 5.25"

          The club probably should have ~10 5.25" floppy drives
          around for spares, unless Everybody already has such at home.

          >> - EISA motherboards and cards (SCSI, network)

          I'm kinda a pig for SCSI cards, but I Don't live two towns away.

          John A.
          thx for the crosspost
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2007
            I've got an EISA SCSI card you can have for the cost of shipping from NJ...

            Kelly
            > Hey! This is CLOSE to my house. Two towns away.

            > - floppy drives: 3.5" and 5.25"

            The club probably should have ~10 5.25" floppy drives
            around for spares, unless Everybody already has such at home.

            >> - EISA motherboards and cards (SCSI, network)

            I'm kinda a pig for SCSI cards, but I Don't live two towns away.

            John A.
            thx for the crosspost

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.