RE: [midatlanticretro] Today @ InfoAge

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2007
      Good news -- tonight (11/29) -- Steve informed me of the "discovery" of many
      more of these nice-looking dividers in the hotel basement. Apparently they
      were hidden behind a bunch of other crap. What we found is twice as many as
      we schlepped a couple of weeks ago. So, this time I will hire Domingo and
      Geronimo -- they are Fred's staff of neighborhood day laborers -- they work
      for $10 an hour. For $20 or $40, if this takes a couple of hours, it's
      worth our money to let other people do the heavy lifting! Hard to explain
      in email, but for anyone who's been down in the InfoAge basement and
      seen/felt the size/weight of these dividers, you'll understand! They're a
      PITA to move and awkward to bring up the basement ramp and across the street
      to our exhibit rooms. So, executive decision, we'll outsource this task.
      :)

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22, 2009
        Joe and I put in a few more hours at the museum today. We went to Home
        Depot and bought carpet for Room 2 (homebrew / SBC). InfoAge's
        electrician (Bob P.) also visited and Fred is having him fix the lights
        in that room. Joe and I made several more posters and began hanging
        them in Room 3 (microcomputers).

        I'll be back at it this Sunday. Time is t.b.a.