RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Something else to preserve: stories from early computer companies

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
      Someday, our web site will have user pages.

      Until then, this is a good idea.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
        Ok, I know this is a bit pie-in-the-sky, but...

        Once we have all these beautiful exhibits set up at ~whatever it's called~
        and we can induce some historic people to visit the museam, we should record
        their comments on the exhibits - capture the stories that they can tell right
        there on the spot - while they're looking at the exhibit. Such audio would
        become a unique addition to the library (oh yes, we need a research library)
        and to the exhibits. There are not a lot of Apollo computers lying around -
        or pieces of ENIAC. We need an astronaut to talk about the Apollo computer.
        There must be someon from the ENIAC project still around or someone who saw
        it actually working. On the early microcomputer stuff, it would be nice to
        point out any NJ tie-ins.

        This museum has some real potiential.