Re: Something else to preserve: stories from early computer companies

  • macmothership
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
      Oh, no! The secret's out! 8)

      On another note, I have my collection recorded on a spread sheet, as I suspect many other
      members do, as well. Does anyone feel it would be a benefit to the group to begin a
      database of our collections - sort of the "group assets" list, if you will.
      Just a thought.

    • Evan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2005
        Someday, our web site will have user pages.

        Until then, this is a good idea.

        On another note, I have my collection recorded on a spread sheet, as I suspect many other
        members do, as well. Does anyone feel it would be a benefit to the group to begin a
        database of our collections - sort of the  "group assets" list, if you will.
        Just a thought.

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@y...> wrote:
        > Well, the sender was Bob "Apple"gate...
        maybe it's a conspiracy.  :)

        >   _____

        companies

        > Hey!
        >
        > Evan - there isn't
        just one big history pie, and if Apple has a big piece,
        > then it must
        mean
        > everyone else gets a smaller one!  8) There is room for
        history of all
        > kinds! If there isn't
        > enough history recorded on
        the other brands, then lets record more and catch
        > up!

        -Jim

        href="http://www.http://thocp.net">http://www.http://thocp.net ...?  It's not very
        > complete but
        > > they have the same idea as
        you.

        > >   _____

        Applegate
        > > Senior Software Engineer
        > > Embedded
        Development Group
        > > Ulticom, Inc
        > > 856-787-2761
        > >

        > >   _____
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        .com?subject=Unsubscribe>

        > > *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        Yahoo! Terms of
        > Service
        > > <
        >

        >   _____

        > *      To unsubscribe from this
        group, send an email to:

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 7, 2005
          Ok, I know this is a bit pie-in-the-sky, but...

          Once we have all these beautiful exhibits set up at ~whatever it's called~
          and we can induce some historic people to visit the museam, we should record
          their comments on the exhibits - capture the stories that they can tell right
          there on the spot - while they're looking at the exhibit. Such audio would
          become a unique addition to the library (oh yes, we need a research library)
          and to the exhibits. There are not a lot of Apollo computers lying around -
          or pieces of ENIAC. We need an astronaut to talk about the Apollo computer.
          There must be someon from the ENIAC project still around or someone who saw
          it actually working. On the early microcomputer stuff, it would be nice to
          point out any NJ tie-ins.

          This museum has some real potiential.