8-inch floppy drive for Germany

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2007
      Someone from north Germany near Hamburg asked me for an 8-inch floppy
      drive. He wants it for teaching and for show - it need not work. He
      said that he could pick up in San Francisco CA, while he is visiting
      there.

      I told him the cost of shipping from NJ to CA would be notible
      (probably $25 US). When he mentioned "Germany" I noted the costs of
      shipping from the USA, any duty or customs or VAT, etc. etc. I
      suggested he look in Europe for one.

      We have some members with European connections. Anyone have a dead
      8-inch floppy drive they could offer to a German instructor? Also,
      does anyone have experience in trying to take something like that
      through a US airport or into Europe? Of course I ship stuff like that
      to Europe but not by commercial airplane!

      Look below for my email address.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA