New donation

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2007
      All,

      Our latest rescue is a Xerox 860 word processor. This is a donation to MARCH from a guy near Albany. We met yesterday in Danbury, CT, to make the transfer.

      We have a system unit (deskside unit on wheels, about the size of an early microVAX), two keyboards, one monitor screen and a printer. It came with two tubs of disks and documentation. The donor claims it powers up but he did not try to load any software. That is all I know for now. I'll inventory the donation in the next couple weeks. It is possible this could become a working exhibit. Does anyone want to "adopt" it? It neads to be cleaned, tested and then assessed as a possible exhibit.

      BTW, the guy with the System/36 responded to my email and said he will "ring up" the U-Store-It. We may not have heard the last of the S/36.