While I'm at it...

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
      Message
      Fred also mentioned that, at one time, Vannevar Bush visited (but didn't actually work at) Camp Evans.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
        Message
        Just remembered -- I think it might be that in the "Directive No." (top right corner), the "EL" indicates "Evans Laboratory".  That's us!

        Or, as someone indicated by adding an apostrophe to the door of MARCH's basement storage room, "Evan's" laboratory!   :)
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2007
          wrote:

          > Fred also mentioned that, at one time, Vannevar Bush visited (but
          didn't
          > actually work at) Camp Evans.

          And George Washington?

          Seriously, though, this is great stuff, however it turns out.

          Along the lines of Will's observation, I was lucky enought to attend
          two notable panel events last week - first the 45th anniversary of
          the LINC Personal Computer (hi Bill) and then a few days later, a
          panel at CHM celebrating the 30th anniversary of "the first TCP-based
          transmission between three dissimilar networks". In both cases, one
          or more of the original Principal Investigators on the projects were
          present along with affiliates and support staff. While the
          presentations were incredible, they were also sprinkled with comments
          like, "No - that was in 19xx, not 19yy" or "-- so that's how that
          happened - I always wondered why...". Primary sources, but...

          And re Evan's other OT observation about lodging, I used PriceLine
          bidding for both my room and my car. I drove a Chevy Cobalt for
          $15/day and I stayed in the ExtendedStay America in San Jose (midway
          between the airport and CHM) for $55/night.

          Jack