RE: [midatlanticretro] Tandy PC

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2005
      Kelly,

      Ah, the Tandy 600... Here was the very essence of a "pre-compatible" laptop
      and a beautiful example of how Tandy worked so very hard back then to shoot
      themselves in the foot with each new product. You could say that the 600's
      operating system was Deskmate, although both Tandy and Microsoft called it
      "Works". The the Zenith ZP-150 used the same 'OS' but did not include the
      600's single-sided 3.5" floppy drive (compatible with nothing). Somewhere I
      have most of the parts of a Tandy 600.

      On the original topic - I think you are right on the 1000XX (supply letters
      of your choice).

      Jim