OT: stupid Days Inn

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
      Message
      I went el-cheapo at the VCF last week -- stayed at the Days Inn.  Paid in cash because I didn't want to carry around the $$ from selling two computers.  Then, they went and charged my credit card also!  I couldn't figure out why my online bank statement was missing $400 until today.  Called my bank first as a heads-up, then called the motel and complained.  They are supposedly refunding my credit card as we speak.  But I won't know for sure until Tuesday because of Veterans Day next week.  I should've sprung for the extra few dollars and stayed at the Marriott like last year.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > I went el-cheapo at the VCF last week -- stayed at the Days Inn. Paid
        > in cash because I didn't want to carry around the $$ from selling two
        > computers. Then, they went and charged my credit card also! I
        > couldn't figure out why my online bank statement was missing $400
        > until today. Called my bank first as a heads-up, then called the
        > motel and complained. They are supposedly refunding my credit card as
        > we speak. But I won't know for sure until Tuesday because of Veterans
        > Day next week. I should've sprung for the extra few dollars and
        > stayed at the Marriott like last year.
        > _
        That really sucks! :( :( Was it your debit card or credit card? It
        will probably take three or more business days for the credit to appear
        because they have to settle before that happens. Debit cards are worse
        because it is *your* money taken out...

        If it is happening now (after business hours) then you probably will not
        see that refund till Wednesday or Thursday at the latest...

        Sorry,

        Bryan
      • Gene Ehrich
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > I went el-cheapo at the VCF last week -- stayed at the Days Inn.

          We had one and only one stay at a days Inn and it was truly disgusting. This is from my original complaint e-mail. They responded by offering us a $10 credit next time we stayed at that hotel. They had to be outa their mind. They finally sent us a $10 check.

          ================================

          Location: Route 13 Just north of entrance to Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

          Comments: It was without a doubt the most DISGUSTING hotel room that we have
          ever stayed in. We came in exhausted and just went to bed. In the morning we
          saw all of the crawling creatures all over the room and even the bedding.
          The tub/shower was filthy and unusable. Horrible, horrible experience. When
          checking out the desk said "oh, we have trouble with bugs. We were in Room
          118.

          Absolutely disgusting.
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
            Thanks for all the feedback ... Got my $$ back, so now let's return to on-topic ... "VCF-related" was a stretch here. :) (Who went OT in the firs ... Oops.)
          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
              Hello Gene:

              Sorry to hear of that nasty hotel room.

              By contrast, last year my son and his family stayed at a Hampton Inn
              off I-95 in one of the Carolinas. When they were checking out, my
              daughter-in-law mentioned that the fridge seemed somewhat noisy, and
              that someone should check it to see if it's OK. (They did not need
              to use the fridge, and they were not bothered; it was just a
              comment).. and the manager thanked them for the comment... and
              promptly gave them a full refund. Their stay cost them nothing!
              That was a good business move.
              Now, they -only- stay at Hamptons. Sure, they are more expensive
              than a lot of chains, but.. sometimes it's worth the extra.

              73 de Ray