Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MAC SE used for art projects

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 3, 2007

      I'm sorta the same way. There's some options to this. With a bit of creativity, you can get one of them big molded plastic pumpkins (at Michaels)and carve out a window for the screen to let it shine thru and slide it over the mac without having to paint/glue/cut it. And if it's a working Mac, you'll have more fun then putting Halloween animations on it --with sound of course :)

      =Dan
      [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
      [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

      B. Degnan wrote:
      I am aware of this...My point was that it goes against my nature to defile
      a computer in any way, but I am tempted to try something with a beyond-hope
      "compact" MAC, they're just so darn cute.

      bd

    • fieldfan1
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007

        http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/3432d549436f5110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd/7.html

        > I don't know how many of you have a MAC with this chassis design,
        but if
        > you to, chances are it no longer works. They just take up space.
        These
        > are very hard to restore and the newer SE's are not worth much even
        if they
        > do work. You all know me as someone who avoids destroying an old
        computer
        > for art's sake, but personally I waive this rule for the less-rare MAC
        > SE's...anyone second that opinion? I am tempted to try something
        like this
        > myself, someone tell me I am making a mistake :-)
        >

        > ¿ß¡¶ Dë¢ñ@ñ?

        PLEASE do not destroy a functioning Mac for an art project. It's like
        gutting a working Plus for a Macquarium.