RE: [midatlanticretro] .....- let's do the chat!

  • madodel@ptdprolog.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      In, on 06/02/05 at 04:15 PM,
      "Evan" <evan947@...> said:

      >IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been
      >out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC. Let it
      >be so!
      >
      >I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the
      >'net.

      For people using Firefox or Mozilla, Chatzilla is a good client. No
      windows needed as it will run on any platform that supports FF/Moz
      (including windows). Latest version can be found at
      http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
      Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

      For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

      "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
        OK... I found a client for OS X and I'm ready to chat.

        73 de Ray

        On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:13 PM, ahm wrote:

        > On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:59:41AM -0700, Jim Scheef wrote:
        >> I've NEVER used IRC.
        >> I have no idea how to set up an account or whatever is needed.
        >
        > No account needed.
        > Just fire up a client,
        > tell it the server name (kildall.ath.cx)
        > and join the channel (#march)
        >
        > I've put a robot in there just so folks don't feel lonely.
        >
        > Andy
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        73 de Ray
        K2ULR