Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

  • billdeg@degnanco.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007

      > Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
      > Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
      > old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
      > Halloween = Christmas.
      >
      > and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
      > PDP-10 product line.
      >
      > Herb Johnson
      > retrotechnology.com

      lol
    • Greg N Shari (GMail)
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
        >>"Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
        >
        >> Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
        >> 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my

        birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
        >> wait staff at Chili's restaurant.. .
        >

        >Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
        >Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
        >old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
        >Halloween
        = Christmas.

        >and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
        >PDP-10 product line.
        >
        >Herb Johnson
        >retrotechnology. com

        <...Ducks to avoid low flyuing 36-bit PDP-10 reference...>

        I guess I missed that day in class. Went right over my head. LOL.

        Greg

      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
          Happy birthday Joe!  G3 iMac waiting for you in my basement.

          --
          See you spare cowboy...
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007

            > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
            >
            > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
            > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
            > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
            > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

            Well, if the rumor is about me, they were a day early. My 33rd is
            tomorrow, 12:13 pm...
          • Evan
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
              I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.
            • Greg N Shari (GMail)
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                Greg

                I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

              • Sridhar Ayengar
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                  Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                  > Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                  November 11th is my 30th. I'm going to celebrate with some good
                  old-fashioned debauchery.

                  Peace... Sridhar
                • billdeg@degnanco.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                    Me too, how many birthdays do you have?
                    bd

                  • billdeg@degnanco.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                      M.A.R.C.H. (and related friends) Holiday Party - December 15th

                      WHERE: Bill Degnan's office in Wilmington, Delaware

                      103 W. 7TH St.
                      Wilmington, DE 19801

                      Downtown Wilmington, 7 blocks from train station.
                      Lodging w/i walking distance, contact me for details.

                      WHEN: Sat. December 15th from 7PM -->

                      RSVP 302 421 - 9377 x2202

                      Please bring friends, spouses, etc. Plenty of room for all.

                      There will be arcade games, vintage console games, music, food, drink, etc.

                      Bill
                    • Bob Applegate
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                        Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :

                        > Happy
                        > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                        Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                        their birthdays within the same week?

                        Bob

                        ___________________________________
                        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                      • Mike Loewen
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                          On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Evan wrote:

                          > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                          Happy birthday, youngster. :-)

                          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                        • tfagan@triad.rr.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                            ---- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                            > Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :
                            >
                            > > Happy
                            > > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL
                            >
                            > Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                            > their birthdays within the same week?
                            >
                            > Bob
                            >

                            > ___________________________________
                            > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                            Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                            --Timster--
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                              Wow! I think everyone here has a birthday this year! Can you imagine such a coincidence? It could only happen to MARCH on the day before Halloween.

                              > Wow!  My 45th is Thursday!  Is there a requirement for all March
                              members to have
                              > their birthdays within the same week?
                              >
                              > Bob
                              >

                              > ___________________________________
                              > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                              Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                              --Timster--

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                Damn, While we are at it my wife is on the First of November... Something about those Scorpios and Classic Computers I guess LOL.

                                Greg

                                Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                their birthdays within the same week?

                                Bob
                                __,_
                                   ._,___
                              • Dan Roganti
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007

                                  I was a turkey baby  :)
                                  45th on Nov.21st

                                  =Dan
                                  [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
                                  [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007
                                    And now you're no longer a baby ... just a big turkey! :)
                                  • Dave
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
                                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

                                      > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke
                                      about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                                      That would be me, Dave W. in New Haven CT. I just hang around in
                                      the corner listening to the chit-chat around here and classiccmp....

                                      :)