Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
      Thanks Everyone. Jim, I appreciate the offer, but I no longer have my microchannel equipment, and I never had a model 50, but I do appreciate the offer.

      Joe

      On 10/29/07, Herb Johnson <herbjohnson@...> wrote:

      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
      >
      > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
      > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
      > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
      > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

      Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
      Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
      old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
      Halloween = Christmas.

      and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
      PDP-10 product line.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com

    • billdeg@degnanco.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007

        > Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
        > Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
        > old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
        > Halloween = Christmas.
        >
        > and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
        > PDP-10 product line.
        >
        > Herb Johnson
        > retrotechnology.com

        lol
      • Greg N Shari (GMail)
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
          >>"Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
          >
          >> Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
          >> 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my

          birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
          >> wait staff at Chili's restaurant.. .
          >

          >Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
          >Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
          >old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
          >Halloween
          = Christmas.

          >and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
          >PDP-10 product line.
          >
          >Herb Johnson
          >retrotechnology. com

          <...Ducks to avoid low flyuing 36-bit PDP-10 reference...>

          I guess I missed that day in class. Went right over my head. LOL.

          Greg

        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
            Happy birthday Joe!  G3 iMac waiting for you in my basement.

            --
            See you spare cowboy...
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007

              > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
              >
              > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
              > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
              > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
              > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

              Well, if the rumor is about me, they were a day early. My 33rd is
              tomorrow, 12:13 pm...
            • Evan
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.
              • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                  Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                  Greg

                  I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                • Sridhar Ayengar
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                    Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                    > Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                    November 11th is my 30th. I'm going to celebrate with some good
                    old-fashioned debauchery.

                    Peace... Sridhar
                  • billdeg@degnanco.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                      Me too, how many birthdays do you have?
                      bd

                    • billdeg@degnanco.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                        M.A.R.C.H. (and related friends) Holiday Party - December 15th

                        WHERE: Bill Degnan's office in Wilmington, Delaware

                        103 W. 7TH St.
                        Wilmington, DE 19801

                        Downtown Wilmington, 7 blocks from train station.
                        Lodging w/i walking distance, contact me for details.

                        WHEN: Sat. December 15th from 7PM -->

                        RSVP 302 421 - 9377 x2202

                        Please bring friends, spouses, etc. Plenty of room for all.

                        There will be arcade games, vintage console games, music, food, drink, etc.

                        Bill
                      • Bob Applegate
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                          Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :

                          > Happy
                          > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                          Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                          their birthdays within the same week?

                          Bob

                          ___________________________________
                          NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                        • Mike Loewen
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                            On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Evan wrote:

                            > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                            Happy birthday, youngster. :-)

                            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                          • tfagan@triad.rr.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                              ---- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                              > Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :
                              >
                              > > Happy
                              > > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL
                              >
                              > Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                              > their birthdays within the same week?
                              >
                              > Bob
                              >

                              > ___________________________________
                              > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                              Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                              --Timster--
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                Wow! I think everyone here has a birthday this year! Can you imagine such a coincidence? It could only happen to MARCH on the day before Halloween.

                                > Wow!  My 45th is Thursday!  Is there a requirement for all March
                                members to have
                                > their birthdays within the same week?
                                >
                                > Bob
                                >

                                > ___________________________________
                                > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                                Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                                --Timster--

                                <*> Your email settings:
                                    Individual Email | Traditional

                                <*> To change settings online go to:
                                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                                <*> To change settings via email:

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                  Damn, While we are at it my wife is on the First of November... Something about those Scorpios and Classic Computers I guess LOL.

                                  Greg

                                  Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                  their birthdays within the same week?

                                  Bob
                                  __,_
                                     ._,___
                                • Dan Roganti
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007

                                    I was a turkey baby  :)
                                    45th on Nov.21st

                                    =Dan
                                    [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
                                    [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007
                                      And now you're no longer a baby ... just a big turkey! :)
                                    • Dave
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
                                        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

                                        > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke
                                        about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                                        That would be me, Dave W. in New Haven CT. I just hang around in
                                        the corner listening to the chit-chat around here and classiccmp....

                                        :)