Re: Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
      >
      > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
      > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
      > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
      > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

      Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
      Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
      old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
      Halloween = Christmas.

      and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
      PDP-10 product line.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
        Thanks Everyone. Jim, I appreciate the offer, but I no longer have my microchannel equipment, and I never had a model 50, but I do appreciate the offer.

        Joe

      • billdeg@degnanco.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007

          > Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
          > Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
          > old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
          > Halloween = Christmas.
          >
          > and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
          > PDP-10 product line.
          >
          > Herb Johnson
          > retrotechnology.com

          lol
        • Greg N Shari (GMail)
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
            >>"Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
            >
            >> Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
            >> 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my

            birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
            >> wait staff at Chili's restaurant.. .
            >

            >Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
            >Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
            >old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
            >Halloween
            = Christmas.

            >and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
            >PDP-10 product line.
            >
            >Herb Johnson
            >retrotechnology. com

            <...Ducks to avoid low flyuing 36-bit PDP-10 reference...>

            I guess I missed that day in class. Went right over my head. LOL.

            Greg

          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
              Happy birthday Joe!  G3 iMac waiting for you in my basement.

              --
              See you spare cowboy...
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007

                > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
                >
                > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
                > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
                > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
                > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

                Well, if the rumor is about me, they were a day early. My 33rd is
                tomorrow, 12:13 pm...
              • Evan
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                  I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.
                • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                    Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                    Greg

                    I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                      Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                      > Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                      November 11th is my 30th. I'm going to celebrate with some good
                      old-fashioned debauchery.

                      Peace... Sridhar
                    • billdeg@degnanco.com
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                        Me too, how many birthdays do you have?
                        bd

                      • billdeg@degnanco.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                          M.A.R.C.H. (and related friends) Holiday Party - December 15th

                          WHERE: Bill Degnan's office in Wilmington, Delaware

                          103 W. 7TH St.
                          Wilmington, DE 19801

                          Downtown Wilmington, 7 blocks from train station.
                          Lodging w/i walking distance, contact me for details.

                          WHEN: Sat. December 15th from 7PM -->

                          RSVP 302 421 - 9377 x2202

                          Please bring friends, spouses, etc. Plenty of room for all.

                          There will be arcade games, vintage console games, music, food, drink, etc.

                          Bill
                        • Bob Applegate
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                            Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :

                            > Happy
                            > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                            Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                            their birthdays within the same week?

                            Bob

                            ___________________________________
                            NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                          • Mike Loewen
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                              On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Evan wrote:

                              > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                              Happy birthday, youngster. :-)

                              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                            • tfagan@triad.rr.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                ---- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                                > Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :
                                >
                                > > Happy
                                > > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL
                                >
                                > Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                > their birthdays within the same week?
                                >
                                > Bob
                                >

                                > ___________________________________
                                > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                                Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                                --Timster--
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                  Wow! I think everyone here has a birthday this year! Can you imagine such a coincidence? It could only happen to MARCH on the day before Halloween.

                                  > Wow!  My 45th is Thursday!  Is there a requirement for all March
                                  members to have
                                  > their birthdays within the same week?
                                  >
                                  > Bob
                                  >

                                  > ___________________________________
                                  > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                                  Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                                  --Timster--

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                    Damn, While we are at it my wife is on the First of November... Something about those Scorpios and Classic Computers I guess LOL.

                                    Greg

                                    Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                    their birthdays within the same week?

                                    Bob
                                    __,_
                                       ._,___
                                  • Dan Roganti
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007

                                      I was a turkey baby  :)
                                      45th on Nov.21st

                                      =Dan
                                      [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
                                      [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007
                                        And now you're no longer a baby ... just a big turkey! :)
                                      • Dave
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
                                          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

                                          > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke
                                          about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                                          That would be me, Dave W. in New Haven CT. I just hang around in
                                          the corner listening to the chit-chat around here and classiccmp....

                                          :)