Tangentally OT: Happy Birthday

    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 28, 2007
      Joe,

      Happy Birthday (tomorrow if I recall from Facebook)

      My birthday present for you is a micro channel memory board made by Kingston.  It has four slots for 72-pin SIMMs (not populated) and I believe it is a 16-bit version. It should work well in your 50-Z. Are you interested?

      Jim

      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 28, 2007
        Message
        Happy b-day Joe!  Vintage computers make fine presents.

        Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the wait staff at Chili's restaurant...
        Happy Birthday (tomorrow if I recall from Facebook)

        My birthday present for you is a micro channel memory board made by Kingston.  It has four slots for 72-pin SIMMs (not populated) and I believe it is a 16-bit version. It should work well in your 50-Z. Are you interested?

        Jim

        Well, I'm betting that I'll never be allowed on another freecycle group for the rest of my life. I posted a want ad for some camera equipment, posting was denied because admin was afraid I would profit from them (no plans to sell), got into a big fight with the admin via email, the term "tyrannical bitch" was thrown, and now I'm out.
        Sorry for the OT, but I just needed to vent.

        Joe

      • Herb Johnson
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

          > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
          >
          > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
          > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
          > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
          > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

          Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
          Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
          old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
          Halloween = Christmas.

          and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
          PDP-10 product line.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com
        • Joe Giliberti
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
            Thanks Everyone. Jim, I appreciate the offer, but I no longer have my microchannel equipment, and I never had a model 50, but I do appreciate the offer.

            Joe

          • billdeg@degnanco.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007

              > Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
              > Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
              > old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
              > Halloween = Christmas.
              >
              > and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
              > PDP-10 product line.
              >
              > Herb Johnson
              > retrotechnology.com

              lol
            • Greg N Shari (GMail)
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
                >>"Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
                >
                >> Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
                >> 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my

                birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
                >> wait staff at Chili's restaurant.. .
                >

                >Well, my best wishes to whomever it is who has a birthday just before
                >Halloween. By the way, Halloween has a special signifigance to us
                >old-school programmers: after all, 31 OCTal = 25 DECimal. Therefore,
                >Halloween
                = Christmas.

                >and, don't forget DECember-10 day for those who celebrate the 36-bit
                >PDP-10 product line.
                >
                >Herb Johnson
                >retrotechnology. com

                <...Ducks to avoid low flyuing 36-bit PDP-10 reference...>

                I guess I missed that day in class. Went right over my head. LOL.

                Greg

              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 29, 2007
                  Happy birthday Joe!  G3 iMac waiting for you in my basement.

                  --
                  See you spare cowboy...
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007

                    > Happy b-day Joe! Vintage computers make fine presents.
                    >
                    > Meanwhile, rumor has it that a certain collector turns 33 on Tuesday the
                    > 30th ... but it can't be me, because according to some people, my
                    > birthday was Saturday, June 9 at the VCF East 4.0, or so they told the
                    > wait staff at Chili's restaurant...

                    Well, if the rumor is about me, they were a day early. My 33rd is
                    tomorrow, 12:13 pm...
                  • Evan
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                      I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.
                    • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                        Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                        Greg

                        I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                      • Sridhar Ayengar
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                          Greg N Shari (GMail) wrote:
                          > Happy 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                          November 11th is my 30th. I'm going to celebrate with some good
                          old-fashioned debauchery.

                          Peace... Sridhar
                        • billdeg@degnanco.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                            Me too, how many birthdays do you have?
                            bd

                          • billdeg@degnanco.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                              M.A.R.C.H. (and related friends) Holiday Party - December 15th

                              WHERE: Bill Degnan's office in Wilmington, Delaware

                              103 W. 7TH St.
                              Wilmington, DE 19801

                              Downtown Wilmington, 7 blocks from train station.
                              Lodging w/i walking distance, contact me for details.

                              WHEN: Sat. December 15th from 7PM -->

                              RSVP 302 421 - 9377 x2202

                              Please bring friends, spouses, etc. Plenty of room for all.

                              There will be arcade games, vintage console games, music, food, drink, etc.

                              Bill
                            • Bob Applegate
                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :

                                > Happy
                                > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL

                                Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                their birthdays within the same week?

                                Bob

                                ___________________________________
                                NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
                              • Mike Loewen
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                  On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Evan wrote:

                                  > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                                  Happy birthday, youngster. :-)

                                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                                • tfagan@triad.rr.com
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                    ---- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
                                    > Greg N Shari (GMail) <goodtimepa@...> wrote :
                                    >
                                    > > Happy
                                    > > 33rd Evan. My 45th is Sunday. LOL
                                    >
                                    > Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                    > their birthdays within the same week?
                                    >
                                    > Bob
                                    >

                                    > ___________________________________
                                    > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                                    Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                                    --Timster--
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                      Wow! I think everyone here has a birthday this year! Can you imagine such a coincidence? It could only happen to MARCH on the day before Halloween.

                                      > Wow!  My 45th is Thursday!  Is there a requirement for all March
                                      members to have
                                      > their birthdays within the same week?
                                      >
                                      > Bob
                                      >

                                      > ___________________________________
                                      > NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net

                                      Maybe that's why I got shipped off to NC... my 40th isn't until December 16. :-)

                                      --Timster--

                                      <*> Your email settings:
                                          Individual Email | Traditional

                                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                                      <*> To change settings via email:

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    • Greg N Shari (GMail)
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 30, 2007
                                        Damn, While we are at it my wife is on the First of November... Something about those Scorpios and Classic Computers I guess LOL.

                                        Greg

                                        Wow! My 45th is Thursday! Is there a requirement for all March members to have
                                        their birthdays within the same week?

                                        Bob
                                        __,_
                                           ._,___
                                      • Dan Roganti
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007

                                          I was a turkey baby  :)
                                          45th on Nov.21st

                                          =Dan
                                          [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
                                          [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 31, 2007
                                            And now you're no longer a baby ... just a big turkey! :)
                                          • Dave
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 1, 2007
                                              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

                                              > I'm confused ... Which "Dave" sent this? The "rumor" was a joke
                                              about myself, since MY thirty-third is today.

                                              That would be me, Dave W. in New Haven CT. I just hang around in
                                              the corner listening to the chit-chat around here and classiccmp....

                                              :)