OT Rant: Freecycle

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
      Well, I'm betting that I'll never be allowed on another freecycle group for the rest of my life. I posted a want ad for some camera equipment, posting was denied because admin was afraid I would profit from them (no plans to sell), got into a big fight with the admin via email, the term "tyrannical bitch" was thrown, and now I'm out.
      Sorry for the OT, but I just needed to vent.

      Joe
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
        Joe, I'm going to err on the side of caution and guess that the mod had a REASON to think that ... She probably acted based on some other group experience, not necessarily related to you, and then you probably over-reacted, and this is what happens.
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
          The freecycle mod here isn't very tolerant and sometimes ignorant.  I'm not surprised that she did that.

          --
          See you spare cowboy...
        • Jeffrey Frady

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007

              I’m a member of a local FreeCycle group here in Iowa, and have been responding to an ad for a free computer without a hard drive, and never get a response back from the person giving it away, and haven’t seen where it’s been picked up either.  I’ve had several problems like this, and have considered unsubscribing from the group.  One of the members wanted stuff for Apple II’s and I responded to him, and never hear back from him either.

              I’m beginning to wonder if my replies are going into their junk mail or if I’m just being ignored.

              Jim K.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
                Iowa?
              • Andy Meyer
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
                  On 10/28/07, Evan <evan@...> wrote:
                  > Iowa?

                  It's a state.
                  Between Nebraska and Illinois.

                  :-)
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
                    Jim,

                    Your email address is likely to get caught in spam filters - even if you are in Iowa.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
                      Yes, it's been in the news lately - something about an election.

                      Jim (the other one)