RE: [midatlanticretro] .....- let's do the chat!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC.  Let it be so!

      I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the 'net.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
        In, on 06/02/05 at 04:15 PM,
        "Evan" <evan947@...> said:

        >IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been
        >out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC. Let it
        >be so!
        >
        >I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the
        >'net.

        For people using Firefox or Mozilla, Chatzilla is a good client. No
        windows needed as it will run on any platform that supports FF/Moz
        (including windows). Latest version can be found at
        http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/

        Mark

        --

        From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
        Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

        For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

        "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
      • Ray Sills
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
          OK... I found a client for OS X and I'm ready to chat.

          73 de Ray

          On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:13 PM, ahm wrote:

          > On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:59:41AM -0700, Jim Scheef wrote:
          >> I've NEVER used IRC.
          >> I have no idea how to set up an account or whatever is needed.
          >
          > No account needed.
          > Just fire up a client,
          > tell it the server name (kildall.ath.cx)
          > and join the channel (#march)
          >
          > I've put a robot in there just so folks don't feel lonely.
          >
          > Andy
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          73 de Ray
          K2ULR