Re: [midatlanticretro] .....- let's do the chat!

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      I too have never IRC'd.  But I will do whatever seems to be the favored option.  Unless you want me to set up a chat on my Commodore BBS.
      -Bill
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
        IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC.  Let it be so!

        I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the 'net.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
          In, on 06/02/05 at 04:15 PM,
          "Evan" <evan947@...> said:

          >IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been
          >out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC. Let it
          >be so!
          >
          >I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the
          >'net.

          For people using Firefox or Mozilla, Chatzilla is a good client. No
          windows needed as it will run on any platform that supports FF/Moz
          (including windows). Latest version can be found at
          http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/

          Mark

          --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

          Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
          Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

          For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

          "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
        • Ray Sills
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
            OK... I found a client for OS X and I'm ready to chat.

            73 de Ray

            On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:13 PM, ahm wrote:

            > On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:59:41AM -0700, Jim Scheef wrote:
            >> I've NEVER used IRC.
            >> I have no idea how to set up an account or whatever is needed.
            >
            > No account needed.
            > Just fire up a client,
            > tell it the server name (kildall.ath.cx)
            > and join the channel (#march)
            >
            > I've put a robot in there just so folks don't feel lonely.
            >
            > Andy
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            73 de Ray
            K2ULR