Re: [midatlanticretro] .....- let's do the chat!

  • ahm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
      On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:59:41AM -0700, Jim Scheef wrote:
      > I've NEVER used IRC.
      > I have no idea how to set up an account or whatever is needed.

      No account needed.
      Just fire up a client,
      tell it the server name (kildall.ath.cx)
      and join the channel (#march)

      I've put a robot in there just so folks don't feel lonely.

      Andy
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
        I too have never IRC'd.  But I will do whatever seems to be the favored option.  Unless you want me to set up a chat on my Commodore BBS.
        -Bill
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
          IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC.  Let it be so!

          I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the 'net.

        • madodel@ptdprolog.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
            In, on 06/02/05 at 04:15 PM,
            "Evan" <evan947@...> said:

            >IRC does seem to be the preference, even though the message has only been
            >out for a few hours... damn the voting process, I say we use IRC. Let it
            >be so!
            >
            >I recommend the mIRC client for Windows, downloadable from all over the
            >'net.

            For people using Firefox or Mozilla, Chatzilla is a good client. No
            windows needed as it will run on any platform that supports FF/Moz
            (including windows). Latest version can be found at
            http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/

            Mark

            --

            From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

            Warpstock 2005, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 6 - 9, 2005 http://www.warpstock.org
            Warpstock Europe 2005, Dresden, Germany, Nov. 18-20 http://www.warpstock.net

            For a choice in the future of personal computing, Join VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org

            "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself. That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group or by any controlling private power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message proposing the Monopoly Investigation, 1938
          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
              OK... I found a client for OS X and I'm ready to chat.

              73 de Ray

              On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:13 PM, ahm wrote:

              > On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 09:59:41AM -0700, Jim Scheef wrote:
              >> I've NEVER used IRC.
              >> I have no idea how to set up an account or whatever is needed.
              >
              > No account needed.
              > Just fire up a client,
              > tell it the server name (kildall.ath.cx)
              > and join the channel (#march)
              >
              > I've put a robot in there just so folks don't feel lonely.
              >
              > Andy
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              73 de Ray
              K2ULR