MARCH finances / VCF East 5.0

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2007
      Hi, mates.

      If anyone has, is, or plans to wonder about our club finances: Jim sent me a detailed update recently which explains our post-VCF East status. After completely paying our insurance bill, we have $600 (give or take a few pennies due to bank charges).

      This needs to last us until VCF East 5 but I'm not even beginning* to think about that until early next year. Seems like show number four JUST took place, ya know?

      * With one exception: the dates. InfoAge's calendar fills up fast! How is June 7-8 next year? Anyone have big commitments, i.e. weddings, graduations, etc.? (Another reason to pick the date early is so we don't get hosed again for the hotel rooms
      I really botched that one this year.)

      As previously alluded to, East 5 will be different from the past editions. I expect (well, I hope!) that it will be two events in one: half VCF, half computer musuem grand opening ceremony. So there will be fewer traditional VCF exhibits, but there will also be some semi-permanent exhibits staffed by ... you people!

      Details to come some other time, probably around December or January. For now I am only interested in finalizing the dates.

      And of course the NEXT club event (not counting work days, which shall continue in November because my calendar is friggin' SWAMPED until then) will be our holiday party. VP Bill Degnan offered to host this year at his office in Wilmington, Delaware.

      That's it for now ... smell ya later! :)

      - Evan
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2007
        Evan wrote:
        > And of course the NEXT club event (not counting work days, which
        > shall continue in November because my calendar is friggin' SWAMPED
        > until then) will be our holiday party. VP Bill Degnan offered to
        > host this year at his office in Wilmington, Delaware.

        The deviled eggs at Bryan's party kicked ass. I love deviled eggs.

        8-)

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2007
          That's why I like you, Sridhar: you always add something constructive to the conversation. :)
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
            > If anyone has, is, or plans to wonder about our club finances: Jim sent me a detailed update recently which explains our post-VCF East status. After completely paying our insurance bill, we have $600 (give or take a few pennies due to bank charges).
            >
            > This needs to last us until VCF East 5...

            In the recently completed first draft of the MARCH bylaws, there is a
            small section on dues. No numbers are set - this is done as needed by
            the board.

            It is probably time for MARCH to start collecting dues, even if it is
            a small, token amount like ten bucks.

            --
            Will
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
              Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
              > Evan wrote:
              >
              >> And of course the NEXT club event (not counting work days, which
              >> shall continue in November because my calendar is friggin' SWAMPED
              >> until then) will be our holiday party. VP Bill Degnan offered to
              >> host this year at his office in Wilmington, Delaware.
              >>

              > The deviled eggs at Bryan's party kicked ass. I love deviled eggs.
              >
              > 8-)

              Well then... I will have to make sure I make quite a few deviled eggs to
              take to Bill D's shin dig! :)

              Cheers,

              Bryan