Another VCF - and another take on personal computing -

  • jack99rubin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      There are several sessions that will be presented at VCF X next month
      that bear on this discussion -

      Tim McNerny will be reviewing his research done for the 35th
      anniversary of the Intel 4004 -

      http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#45

      Zbigniew Stachniak will be talking about the microcomputer that
      wasn't a microcomputer (Intel's SIM8)

      http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#46

      And members of the LINC team will be talking about developing and
      restoring the machine that has "been identified by the IEEE Computer
      Society as the first personal computer." The LINC was first
      demonstrated in March, 1962.

      http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#54

      And maybe someday I'll put together something coherent about the
      Datapoint 2200, an all-in-one (monitor, keyboard, processor and
      magnetic storage) machine used for standalone desktop programming in
      1971-72. Not a micro but the literal discrete logic model for the
      Intel 8008.

      Jack
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
        > There are several sessions that will be presented at VCF X next month
        > that bear on this discussion -
        >
        > Tim McNerny will be reviewing his research done for the 35th
        > anniversary of the Intel 4004 -
        >
        > http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#45
        >
        > Zbigniew Stachniak will be talking about the microcomputer that
        > wasn't a microcomputer (Intel's SIM8)
        >
        > http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#46
        >
        > And members of the LINC team will be talking about developing and
        > restoring the machine that has "been identified by the IEEE Computer
        > Society as the first personal computer." The LINC was first
        > demonstrated in March, 1962.
        >
        > http://www.vintage.org/2007/main/session.php#54
        >
        > And maybe someday I'll put together something coherent about the
        > Datapoint 2200, an all-in-one (monitor, keyboard, processor and
        > magnetic storage) machine used for standalone desktop programming in
        > 1971-72. Not a micro but the literal discrete logic model for the
        > Intel 8008.
        >
        > Jack

        I wish I could make it this year. Bummer.