yay, I have a conniption...err...connection

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
      I recently sold all of that AT&T equipment I got to someone who runs a company in tinton falls. Said company is a computer graveyard/recycling center. Guy who runs it is a good guy, and said I can come in and take what I want at no cost. Mostly looking for newer stuff, but if I see anything old, and of interest, I'll take it. Can anyone suggest anything in particular to keep an eye out for? Obviously Altairs and such, but anything more obscure? From what I understand, this place is a goldmine.They normally just melt everything down. What a shame...
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2007
        Tinton Falls ... that's right near InfoAge! Joe, please send me a private message with the guy's name and contact info ... sound like I should establish a treaty between them and MARCH ... whereby we refer folks with non-collectible computers to them, and they give us a heads-up about anything cool.
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2007
          > I recently sold all of that AT&T equipment I got
          > to someone who runs a company in tinton falls.
          > Said company is a computer graveyard/recycling
          > center. Guy who runs it is a good guy, and said
          > I can come in and take what I want at no cost.
          > Mostly looking for newer stuff, but if I see
          > anything old, and of interest, I'll take it.
          > Can anyone suggest anything in particular to
          > keep an eye out for? Obviously Altairs and such,
          > but anything more obscure?

          Ohio Scientific and SWTP... OSI tends to melt into
          the background due to the lack of blinkinlights and
          the fact that most cases are beige. The OSI badges
          were held on with two sided foam tape and frequently
          fall off. SWTP boxes are black and silver and can
          also be difficult to pick out in a big stack of metal
          boxes. One rule that I use is that anything that is
          blue is almost always interesting.

          > From what I understand, this place is a goldmine.
          > They normally just melt everything down. What a
          > shame...
          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          6:12 PM
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 10, 2007
            Evan 'n All

            I forgot to mention about this website I use to find recycle places
            The link below shows recycle places in the whole country,
            Just type in your zipcode, this link is for the InfoAge zipcode.
            It also includes the place that Joe just found.
            Some are not Computer Recyclers but that's easy to check.

            http://www.recyclingcenters.org/New_Jersey/Wall_07719_recycling_centers.php

            =Dan
            [ "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them"     ]
            [ Pittsburgh --- http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/    ]

            Joe Giliberti wrote:

            I recently sold all of that AT&T equipment I got to someone who runs a company in tinton falls. Said company is a computer graveyard/recycling center. Guy who runs it is a good guy, and said I can come in and take what I want at no cost. Mostly looking for newer stuff, but if I see anything old, and of interest, I'll take it. Can anyone suggest anything in particular to keep an eye out for? Obviously Altairs and such, but anything more obscure? From what I understand, this place is a goldmine.They normally just melt everything down. What a shame...

            No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.4/1056 - Release Date: 10/7/2007 6:12 PM