VCF East 4.0 video of Peddle, Herd, Haynie, and Russell

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 37 , Oct 5, 2007
      Forwarded from the Homestead mailing list:

      Yow! Go for it! I'm proud to announce that the first 2 parts of the
      Vintage Computer Festival East 4.0, starring CBM engineers Chuck
      Peddle, Bil Herd, Dave Haynie, Bob Russell, and a slew of admirers,
      is now up at http://www.youtube.com Just type in the search for
      hazydave and then look for VCF East 4.0 1/4 and VCF East 4.0 2/4.
      Dave Haynie, master video and audio editor, has combined his and
      my video footage to recreate this historic gathering of CBM talent.

      Here is part of what Dave had to say:

      Hey-

      I'm starting to upload the VCF stuff to my YouTube "channel"
      (channel "hazydave"). I broke it up into four parts, roughly 1/2 hour
      each, to get around the 100MB upload limits on YouTube.

      I'm also working on a very basic DVD... I rendered it yesterday,
      but it came out a tad too large to fit on a DVD5, so I'm re-rendering at
      a slightly lower bitrate.

      [snip]

      I used as much of my video as I had, mainly because your camera
      had some weird sync effect ... maybe CCD vs. CMOS, I don't know. I did
      have another tape from my "pocket" camcorder, but you had better
      preliminary video, so I used that, and a tiny bit of coverage during the
      interview when I had to change tapes.

      [snip]

      Thing is, this is a VERY cool interview... best one yet, far as
      I'm concerned. Mr. Peddle pretty much confirmed everything I had heard
      in story/legend around Commodore -- he is the true inventor of the
      personal computer, as it came to be. Everyone else, from Apple to IBM,
      just followed. That's a story that needs to be told again... it's so
      easy for the winners to claim it all.. and that would annoy me even if I
      didn't have problems with Apple.

      --
      Dave Haynie | On YouTube: "hazydave" channel
      Chief Toady | Frog Pond Media | Audio/Video/Hardware/Software

      Excellent stuff!
      Robert Bernardo
      Fresno Commodore User Group
      http://videocam.net.au/fcug
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 37 of 37 , Oct 24, 2007
        Sellam Ismail wrote:
        > On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, B Degnan wrote:
        >

        >> I was looking for a Greek word too. micro = small in Greek (obviously),
        >> but that's not really what I am going for. I am very thankful for the
        >> considerate responses and they have me thinking. A lot of the "hacker"
        >> mentality about computing should be represented somehow. I will work on
        >> it.
        >>

        > Solo-computing?

        May the force be with you!

        Cheers,