New to Group

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm glad to find a newsgroup here that's very active in the Classic
      computers. I've been collecting off and on for a number of years. I'm
      originally from Long Island, but after a few jobs I'm now in Pittsburgh.
      One of my first computers I built while in high school was the ELF.
      Now that I'm settled here, I like to get back into dusting off my
      machines, unbox them all and get them fired up and running again. I hope
      this the place to get any valuable info.
      I noticed there's some event coming soon ? , the TCF, not sure what
      that is, but if somebody has a link to this, please send it. I might me
      be able to make it there one time. Thanks for letting me join.

      thanks,
      Dan
    • ahm
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2005
        On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 12:03:15PM -0500, Dan wrote:
        > I noticed there's some event coming soon ? , the TCF, not sure what
        > that is, but if somebody has a link to this, please send it.

        Trenton Computer Fest.
        This year is the 30th annual.
        http://tcf-nj.org

        Cheers,
        Andy
        --
        http://ahm.ath.cx/ahm/
      • evan947
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2005
          Dan, thanks for joining us here.

          At TCF -- Trenton Computer Festival, as Andy noted -- our little club
          is going to have its very first event in the form of a vintage
          computer exhibit. The TCF's organizers kindly gave us some free space
          to use. So the dozen or so of us are each going to bring a couple of
          vintage computers, mostly in working condition. Since this year is
          the show's 30th anniversary, we expect our exhibit to be quite a hit,
          as people will get to reminisce about computing from roughly 30 years ago.

          If you think you might be able to attend, please let us know what
          you'll bring, to avoid redundancy.

          After TCF, we'll start planning other events -- maybe a swap meet,
          museum trips, social events, etc.

          Evan