Re: not quite vintage...anyone have early 90's MS Access?

  • Herb Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5 10:43 AM
      "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

      > Ahhhh! Averting my eyes!! AAAAHHHH!!!!
      >
      > Maybe take that subthread offlist?

      I concurr. The current discussion is about recovering one file, using
      various Windows tools and operating systems. It is not related to
      vintage computing (except maybe the content of the file), and it
      violates Evan's "1990" rule, and it's very specific.

      While I myself may have some post-1990 interests, I refrain from
      posting about them in this discussion group in any detail. For
      instance, I eventually got over the fact that I could not post or
      offer ANYTHING from the many SGI systems I have available. "too new"
      was the response I got.

      Others including Bill are entitled to persue post-1990 computing; just
      within another venue. It's my opinion but it's the same rule I and
      others follow.

      However, I think a consensus was reached, that one could post
      something ASKING for help or MAKING an offer - just that it not become
      a thread or discussion on the MARCH list. I recall posting in support
      of that. So Bill's inquiry, in my opinion, was acceptable, and he's
      apparently got good response and assistance, which can be continued
      offline of MARCH.

      Herb Johnson

      Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA