Re: [midatlanticretro] not quite vintage...anyone have early 90's MS Access?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2007
      Ahhhh! Averting my eyes!! AAAAHHHH!!!!

      Maybe take that subthread offlist?
    • Herb Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2007
        "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:

        > Ahhhh! Averting my eyes!! AAAAHHHH!!!!
        >
        > Maybe take that subthread offlist?

        I concurr. The current discussion is about recovering one file, using
        various Windows tools and operating systems. It is not related to
        vintage computing (except maybe the content of the file), and it
        violates Evan's "1990" rule, and it's very specific.

        While I myself may have some post-1990 interests, I refrain from
        posting about them in this discussion group in any detail. For
        instance, I eventually got over the fact that I could not post or
        offer ANYTHING from the many SGI systems I have available. "too new"
        was the response I got.

        Others including Bill are entitled to persue post-1990 computing; just
        within another venue. It's my opinion but it's the same rule I and
        others follow.

        However, I think a consensus was reached, that one could post
        something ASKING for help or MAKING an offer - just that it not become
        a thread or discussion on the MARCH list. I recall posting in support
        of that. So Bill's inquiry, in my opinion, was acceptable, and he's
        apparently got good response and assistance, which can be continued
        offline of MARCH.

        Herb Johnson

        Herbert R. Johnson, New Jersey USA