Re: [midatlanticretro] not quite vintage...anyone have early 90's MS Access?

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
      At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
      >Bill,
      >
      >At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
      >what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
      >
      >Jim

      Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
      unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
      of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
      find a copy I will let everyone know.

      The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
      effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
      can't open it.

      Bill
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
        B. Degnan wrote:
        > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
        >
        >> Bill,
        >>
        >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
        >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
        >>
        >> Jim
        >>

        > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
        > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
        > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
        > find a copy I will let everyone know.
        >
        > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
        > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
        > can't open it.

        Bill,

        Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
        It may help in recovering the database.

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Jeffrey Frady
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
          I have Office '94 and I think it came with Access.  Not sure.

          --
          See you spare cowboy...