Re: [midatlanticretro] not quite vintage...anyone have early 90's MS Access?

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
      Bill,

      At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?

      Jim

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
        At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
        >Bill,
        >
        >At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
        >what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
        >
        >Jim

        Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
        unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
        of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
        find a copy I will let everyone know.

        The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
        effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
        can't open it.

        Bill
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
          B. Degnan wrote:
          > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
          >
          >> Bill,
          >>
          >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
          >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
          >>
          >> Jim
          >>

          > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
          > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
          > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
          > find a copy I will let everyone know.
          >
          > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
          > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
          > can't open it.

          Bill,

          Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
          It may help in recovering the database.

          Cheers,

          Bryan
        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
            I have Office '94 and I think it came with Access.  Not sure.

            --
            See you spare cowboy...