Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Early 128K Macs

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
      At 09:05 AM 10/5/2007 -0400, you wrote:
      >Jim! How's life in Chicago?
      >
      >Thanks for checking in with us.
      >
      >- Evan
      >

      > > All of the one piece Macs from the 128k through the SE have the signatures
      > > molded in. They
      > > are not rare. What would be rare is finding a Mac without them!
      > >
      > > It's Torx, not torex, by the way.
      > >
      > > Jim
      > > www.macmothership.com

      FYI - Jim helped me restore a orig. Mac just recently.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
        Bill,

        At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?

        Jim

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
          At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
          >Bill,
          >
          >At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
          >what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
          >
          >Jim

          Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
          unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
          of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
          find a copy I will let everyone know.

          The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
          effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
          can't open it.

          Bill
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
            B. Degnan wrote:
            > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
            >
            >> Bill,
            >>
            >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
            >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
            >>
            >> Jim
            >>

            > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
            > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
            > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
            > find a copy I will let everyone know.
            >
            > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
            > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
            > can't open it.

            Bill,

            Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
            It may help in recovering the database.

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Jeffrey Frady
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
              I have Office '94 and I think it came with Access.  Not sure.

              --
              See you spare cowboy...