Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Early 128K Macs

Expand Messages
  • macmothership
    Great - thanks for asking! I love it! One indication of the difference between the East coast lifestyle and the Midwest lifestyle is the fact that I got two
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
      Great - thanks for asking! I love it! One indication of the difference between the East coast
      lifestyle and the Midwest lifestyle is the fact that I got two speeding tickets within the first
      month! Out here you just have to slow down and enjoy the corn fields!

      Jim


      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
      >
      > Jim! How's life in Chicago?
      >
      > Thanks for checking in with us.
      >
      > - Evan
      >
      >
      > > All of the one piece Macs from the 128k through the SE have the signatures
      > > molded in. They
      > > are not rare. What would be rare is finding a Mac without them!
      > >
      > > It's Torx, not torex, by the way.
      > >
      > > Jim
      > > www.macmothership.com
      > >
      > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Always amusing when an uninformed ebay seller posts, "RARE! Macintosh
      > >> with signatures
      > > of the designers inside!!!" as if it's a museum bit ... Some people
      > > apparently think the
      > > signatures are real. :)
      > >>
      > >> I do think Bill is correct -- don't they ALL have the fake signatures
      > >> inside?
      > >>
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
    • B. Degnan
      ... FYI - Jim helped me restore a orig. Mac just recently.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
        At 09:05 AM 10/5/2007 -0400, you wrote:
        >Jim! How's life in Chicago?
        >
        >Thanks for checking in with us.
        >
        >- Evan
        >
        >
        > > All of the one piece Macs from the 128k through the SE have the signatures
        > > molded in. They
        > > are not rare. What would be rare is finding a Mac without them!
        > >
        > > It's Torx, not torex, by the way.
        > >
        > > Jim
        > > www.macmothership.com
        > >


        FYI - Jim helped me restore a orig. Mac just recently.
      • Jim Scheef
        Bill, At 66MB that s some index. So we don t all spin our wheels, do you know what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried? Jim ...
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
          Bill,

          At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?

          Jim

          ----- Original Message ----
          From: B. Degnan <billdeg@...>
          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Friday, October 5, 2007 8:16:42 AM
          Subject: [midatlanticretro] not quite vintage...anyone have early 90's MS Access?

          Hi
          I need a file converted from a very old version of MS Access into a CSV
          text file. If anyone is up for a challenge, here is the file:

          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/tem/DOMAIN.MDB

          It's a directory of early web sites from 1994-1995. Pls. contact me off
          list if you have success.

          Thanks.

          Bill





          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • B. Degnan
          ... Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11, unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version of
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
            At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
            >Bill,
            >
            >At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
            >what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
            >
            >Jim

            Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
            unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
            of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
            find a copy I will let everyone know.

            The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
            effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
            can't open it.

            Bill
          • Bryan Pope
            ... Bill, Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file? It may help in recovering the database. Cheers, Bryan
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
              B. Degnan wrote:
              > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
              >
              >> Bill,
              >>
              >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
              >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
              >>
              >> Jim
              >>
              >
              > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
              > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
              > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
              > find a copy I will let everyone know.
              >
              > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
              > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
              > can't open it.
              >
              Bill,

              Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
              It may help in recovering the database.

              Cheers,

              Bryan
            • Jeffrey Frady
              I have Office 94 and I think it came with Access. Not sure. ... -- See you spare cowboy...
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
                I have Office '94 and I think it came with Access.  Not sure.

                On 10/5/07, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

                B. Degnan wrote:
                > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
                >
                >> Bill,
                >>
                >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
                >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
                >>
                >> Jim
                >>
                >
                > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
                > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
                > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
                > find a copy I will let everyone know.
                >
                > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
                > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
                > can't open it.
                >
                Bill,

                Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
                It may help in recovering the database.

                Cheers,

                Bryan




                --
                See you spare cowboy...
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.