Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Early 128K Macs

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
      Jim! How's life in Chicago?

      Thanks for checking in with us.

      - Evan

      > All of the one piece Macs from the 128k through the SE have the signatures
      > molded in. They
      > are not rare. What would be rare is finding a Mac without them!
      >
      > It's Torx, not torex, by the way.
      >
      > Jim
      > www.macmothership.com
      >
      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Always amusing when an uninformed ebay seller posts, "RARE! Macintosh
      >> with signatures
      > of the designers inside!!!" as if it's a museum bit ... Some people
      > apparently think the
      > signatures are real. :)
      >>
      >> I do think Bill is correct -- don't they ALL have the fake signatures
      >> inside?
      >>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • macmothership
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
        Great - thanks for asking! I love it! One indication of the difference between the East coast
        lifestyle and the Midwest lifestyle is the fact that I got two speeding tickets within the first
        month! Out here you just have to slow down and enjoy the corn fields!

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
          At 09:05 AM 10/5/2007 -0400, you wrote:
          >Jim! How's life in Chicago?
          >
          >Thanks for checking in with us.
          >
          >- Evan
          >

          > > All of the one piece Macs from the 128k through the SE have the signatures
          > > molded in. They
          > > are not rare. What would be rare is finding a Mac without them!
          > >
          > > It's Torx, not torex, by the way.
          > >
          > > Jim
          > > www.macmothership.com

          FYI - Jim helped me restore a orig. Mac just recently.
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
            Bill,

            At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?

            Jim

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
              At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
              >Bill,
              >
              >At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
              >what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
              >
              >Jim

              Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
              unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
              of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
              find a copy I will let everyone know.

              The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
              effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
              can't open it.

              Bill
            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
                B. Degnan wrote:
                > At 07:44 AM 10/5/2007 -0700, you wrote:
                >
                >> Bill,
                >>
                >> At 66MB that's some index. So we don't all spin our wheels, do you know
                >> what Access version created the file and what versions have you tried?
                >>
                >> Jim
                >>

                > Thanks for checking. I just now booted up a ThinkPad with Windows 3.11,
                > unfortunately it have Office w/o MS Access. I am looking for the version
                > of Access that came before Access 97. I am looking on my end, and if I
                > find a copy I will let everyone know.
                >
                > The DB came with a software program, I forget the name offhand, that in
                > effect was a "locked" MS Access file from 1995-96. New versions of Access
                > can't open it.

                Bill,

                Do you happen to have the .MDA file that goes along with this file?
                It may help in recovering the database.

                Cheers,

                Bryan
              • Jeffrey Frady
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 5, 2007
                  I have Office '94 and I think it came with Access.  Not sure.

                  --
                  See you spare cowboy...